The Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology at the National Taiwan University invites applications for a tenure-track appointment at the ASSISTANT PROFESSOR, ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, or PROFESSOR level, beginning from August 1, 2022. We are dedicated to providing our faculty with a supportive environment that emphasizes mentoring and is mindful of diverse backgrounds.
We are interested in candidates who have a Ph.D. or equivalent with postdoctoral research experience in basic SCI research and are pursuing innovative approaches to fundamental problems in plant pathology, microbiology, and plant-pathogen interactions. Areas of interest include,
（Ｂ）a. Pathogenesis or Population Ecology of Plant-Pathogenic Oomycetes; or
b. Molecular Plant-Pathogen Interactions.
Upon hiring, the successful candidates will be provided with lab space and a start-up package, etc. The successful candidate is expected to develop and lead an individual research program and to share our commitment to undergraduate and graduate education by teaching courses and supervising graduate and undergraduate research. We are particularly interested in candidates who will help promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Department.
To indicate your interest in joining our department, please send a cover letter indicating the position level, intended research area (A or B), the title of the representative publication as well as names and contact information of two references to email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 17, 2022.
Applicants should also prepare,
- Curriculum vitae
- Documents verifying your doctoral degree, awards & recognitions, continuing education and others relevant to support your application
- A list of publication
- Teaching plans (courses and syllabi)
- A detailed research plan summarizing current and proposed research
- Representative publication (published in SCI journal after August 1, 2017) should indicate clearly with the applications and the candidate should be identified as the first or corresponding author. If the representative publication has co-authors, please provide the form ”Verification of co-author’s contribution to the applicant’s representative publication” (https://bit.ly/3krxcjQ).
- Maximum 10 SCI publications published after August 1, 2015
Note: Two recommendation letters should be directly sent to the address shown below or by e-mail (email@example.com). Candidates who wish to apply for Assistant Professor Level should provide a recommendation letter by the Ph.D. dissertation advisor.
Furthermore, if a Ph.D. dissertation is chosen as a representative publication for the application (only applicable for Assistant Professor Level), official transcripts of both undergraduate and graduate degrees should be enclosed with the application documents.
Five hard copies and PDF files of the above-mentioned documents should be directed by mail and e-mail to the address below by January 17, 2022
Dr. Ting-Hsuan Hung, Chairman
firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: email@example.com)
Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology
National Taiwan University
No. 1, Sec. 4, Roosevelt Road
Taipei City 106216, Taiwan
111-1 Recruitment Notice.pdf